Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking, we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
We also collect website usage information and do this using “cookies”.
How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our services;
- for Track and Trace during a pandemic
- to personalise repeat visits to our cottages or inform you about an incomplete booking;
- to manage any queries relating to your holiday; and
- to help us to provide or send you details or information you may have requested such as a newsletter.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below: –
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements such as ‘track and trace’ in a pandemic.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in the above paragraph, then we may not be able to confirm the booking.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our services.
How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time: –
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where weare required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests.We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.