Holiday Cottage Booking Info & Cancellation Policy
To make a cottage booking
After checking the availability of the dates you require, you can make a booking request online after ensuring the dates are allowed should there be pandemic regulations in place for Wales. Do note the road over the mountains from Rhayader is scheduled to be closed from 20th September 2021 for 5 weeks, necessitating access to Welsh Hideaways via Devil’s Bridge. This might add a little time to your journey there. Although the Availability Calendar is nearly always up to date, please await confirmation of your booking before making other commitments. We can then hold your dates provisionally for 24 hours to give you time to pay a deposit of £40 per week via the link on the booking form or via our Booking Payment page, or via online banking, which is our preferred option. Our banking details are on your invoice and it’s helpful if you email: firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have paid. Do call us if you have any questions: 01892 526325 or 07952477595.
If however your holiday is to take place within four weeks of booking, we require you to pay the full cost before the reservation can be confirmed. Confirmation will be done via email or by mail if preferred. The balance of your holiday is due 4 weeks prior to holiday commencement and a reminder is not routinely sent. This can be paid in any of the ways stated above. Non Payment of the final balance when it becomes due will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment, apart from in exceptional circumstances which we would ask you to talk through with us.
If you are looking for a place to party in a potentially noisy way, then we would ask you to book both cottages (with a discount) so no-one else is disturbed. People choose Welsh Hideaways for peace and quiet!
Booking both holiday cottages together
This works really well for 2 families holidaying together or one with teenagers where a quiet cottage and a lively one works for everyone! It is sometimes a challenge to get the equipment back to the right cottage at the end of your stay. Please check that Ty Mari has cutlery and crockery for 8 and Penroc has enough for 6 people. Please check that the different sets of saucepan are back where they came from. It’s amazing but even both sets of TV controls have been found in one of the cottages. Our cleaning team will do a quick check but they are busy preparing the properties for 3pm arrivals and haven’t time for a very detailed inventory check.
Please read our Booking Cancellation policy via a tab on this page, along with terms and conditions for more information.
Holiday cottages cost
Prices quoted are in £ sterling and are all inclusive, including internet, apart from a charge for phone calls made outside the ‘free calls’ agreement below. We request you notify us of these. The cottages are in a blissful mobile-free area but if mobile reception is needed a short drive to ‘The Arch’ will usually allow connection.
Ty Mari landline: Free calls to UK landlines beginning with 01,02,03 0845 and 0870 provided calls are of less than 60 minutes duration. Calls to mobiles included.
Penroc landline: Free calls to UK landlines beginning with 01,02,03 0845 and 0870 1900-0700 hrs. Mon- Fri and all weekend provided calls are of less than 60 minutes duration.
Short breaks, with a minimum of a two night stay, are welcomed. The charges per night are shown on the ‘Availability Calendar’.
Your holiday cottage is available from 3.00 pm on day of arrival and must generally be vacated by 10.00 am on day of departure. Full information about the cottage and getting the best from your stay, along with the latest key safe code, will be e-mailed to you upon full payment of the holiday. Should you require a hard copy to be mailed to you, this can be posted so long as your booking was made sufficiently in advance of your holiday date.
Care of cottages
Our cottages are lovingly cared for and we ask that you treat them with respect and leave them reasonably clean and tidy. Please report any damages/breakages on the ‘leave feedback’ tab at the bottom of our website Home page. We so appreciate feedback to reassure us all is well and that the cottage met the standards you anticipated.
Well-behaved dogs are welcomed on the understanding that no sign of the dog is evident in the house or garden at the time of departure. There is no charge for dogs whether one dog or two. Please do not allow them in the bedrooms. The Hafod Forest is ideal for walking dogs and there are long walks that avoid areas with sheep! Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead if there is any possibility of sheep being close by in an unfenced area. For more on bringing dogs, please see FAQs to ensure they have a great holiday too.
Travel Cots and Highchairs
These are not supplied. Because of needing to ensure the safety of equipment, we ask you to bring a travel cot and high chair if these are needed. Both cottages have a stair gate and fireguard available.
For more information please refer to our FAQ’s page
We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible and provide the essentials…
- Bed linen
- Bath mat
- Tea towels and kitchen hand towel
- Liquid soap
- Washing up liquid and sponge
- One roll loo paper
- A ‘starter’ amount of kitchen roll
- Cling film and aluminium foil
- Salt and pepper
- A good selection of family games and DVDs and a bird book although our books and games are best avoided during the pandemic as we cannot clean every card or page!
- Deep cleaning following your departure
- All heat and light as needed and under floor heating in Penroc – loved by dogs and those in bare feet!
Here’s some recommendations for what you should bring with you…
- Insect repellent & anti-histamine cream in case bitten in summer months
- Cycle locks for bicycles to secure them outside
- Perhaps a standard size USB stick with your favourite music to use in the music centre
- Eco Washing powder (Ty Mari only)
- Suntan cream of course!
- BBQ charcoal and firelighters if barbequeing!
Holiday Cancellation and the ‘small print’ but important stuff:
- Once the holiday is booked you have entered a legally binding contract
- If you cancel within 48 hours of booking you can cancel without charge.
- Should you have to cancel because of imposed legal restrictions relating to the Covid-19 international emergency there will be 100% refund of any monies paid.
- If you cancel for any other reason, no refund of the deposit will be due. If you cancel within four weeks of this planned holiday, no refund of the full balance is due but if we can re-let the property over the same dates for 80% or more of your holiday charge, we will then send you 100% refund less the initial reservation deposit.
- We would encourage you to discuss with us any request to cancel as we would so love you to experience a stay at Welsh Hideaways. If you decide to re-book right away for a stay taking place within 12 months, we will transfer any payment made towards meeting the cost of that booking.
- You may wish to purchase Holiday Cancellation insurance and one called Booking Protect is available on our booking website page. Before purchasing, do check the wording to ensure it meets your requirements.
- We ask you to keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property in a comparable state of repair and condition to that found at the beginning of your stay.
- You are responsible for the actual costs of any breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, remembering noise travels and disturbs. We ask you not to display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the caretaker or other third parties.
- Prior to booking, it is your responsibility to check the holiday property meets your needs. We ask you to read our website pages carefully. We welcome phone calls or an email prior to booking to ensure the property meets your requirements.
There must be someone aged 18 or over, staying for each booking.
We, the owners, shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless this results from our negligence or that of any employee of ours (providing they were, at the time, acting during their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by us in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence or that of anyone acting on our behalf.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act ‘Welsh Hideaways’ is the sole data controller of all personal data provided to us from customers and prospective customers. We will collect your name and contact details and not pass them on unless legally required to do so (for example for NHS Track and Trace). We would like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. This would cover sending very occasional newsletters and emails about latest offers available. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by telephone or letter or e-mail to: email@example.com
Compensation payments (as opposed to a refund) will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our customers due to circumstances beyond our control. This would apply to any event we cannot foresee with all due care, e.g. riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire, pandemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control. Where your booking has to be cancelled by Welsh Hideaways before departure due to a force majeure event that could not be anticipated and makes the property inaccessible or unusable, we will refund to you monies received from you for the days you were not able to stay.
In the event an appliance breaks down, please let the caretaker know and it will be repaired or replaced as soon as possible. We will not pay compensation in such circumstances.
Apologies for all the words!
The above is only there to help you and to avoid misunderstandings. We hope you have a wonderful stay that is filled with special times and great memories.
On behalf of The Tuckwell Trust, managed by:
Gareth and Mary Tuckwell 07952 477595 firstname.lastname@example.org
November 13 2020
Photograph of The Arch, Cwmystwyth courtesy of www.thecambrianmountains.co.uk