Holiday Cancellation and the ‘small print’ but important stuff:
- Once the holiday is booked you have entered a legally binding contract
- If you cancel within 48 hours of booking you can cancel without charge.
- Should you have to cancel because of imposed legal restrictions relating to the Covid-19 international emergency there will be 100% refund of any monies paid.
- If you cancel for any other reason, no refund of the deposit will be due. If you cancel within four weeks of this planned holiday, no refund of the full balance is due but if we can re-let the property over the same dates for 80% or more of your holiday charge, we will then send you 100% refund less the initial reservation deposit.
- We would encourage you to discuss with us any request to cancel as we would so love you to experience a stay at Welsh Hideaways. If you decide to re-book right away for a stay taking place within 12 months, we will transfer any payment made towards meeting the cost of that booking.
- You may wish to purchase Holiday Cancellation insurance and one called Booking Protect is available on our booking website page. Before purchasing, do check the wording to ensure it meets your requirements.
- We ask you to keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property in a comparable state of repair and condition to that found at the beginning of your stay.
- You are responsible for the actual costs of any breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, remembering noise travels and disturbs. We ask you not to display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the caretaker or other third parties.
- Prior to booking, it is your responsibility to check the holiday property meets your needs. We ask you to read our website pages carefully. We welcome phone calls or an email prior to booking to ensure the property meets your requirements.
There must be someone aged 18 or over, staying for each booking.
We, the owners, shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless this results from our negligence or that of any employee of ours (providing they were, at the time, acting during their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by us in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence or that of anyone acting on our behalf.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act ‘Welsh Hideaways’ is the sole data controller of all personal data provided to us from customers and prospective customers. We will collect your name and contact details and not pass them on unless legally required to do so (for example for NHS Track and Trace). We would like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. This would cover sending very occasional newsletters and emails about latest offers available. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by telephone or letter or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation payments (as opposed to a refund) will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our customers due to circumstances beyond our control. This would apply to any event we cannot foresee with all due care, e.g. riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire, pandemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control. Where your booking has to be cancelled by Welsh Hideaways before departure due to a force majeure event that could not be anticipated and makes the property inaccessible or unusable, we will refund to you monies received from you for the days you were not able to stay.
In the event an appliance breaks down, please let the caretaker know and it will be repaired or replaced as soon as possible. We will not pay compensation in such circumstances.
Apologies for all the words!
The above is only there to help you and to avoid misunderstandings. We hope you have a wonderful stay that is filled with special times and great memories.
On behalf of The Tuckwell Trust, managed by:
Gareth and Mary Tuckwell 07952 477595 email@example.com
November 13 2020