Holiday Cancellation and the ‘small print’ but important stuff
- You may wish to purchase Holiday Cancellation insurance. Do check the wording to ensure it meets your requirements.
- If you choose to cancel your holiday and you are not covered by insurance, any deposit paid is non-refundable but do read on!
- Should you be cancelling during the Covid-19 international emergency and you decide to re-book for a stay taking place within 6 months of the end of the emergency restrictions on movement, your new booking will receive a 10% discount if you add ‘Covid discount requested’ in the free text space of the online booking form.
- If, however you are cancelling within four weeks of the start of your holiday and you have paid the balance, we will offer 75% refund in exceptional circumstances such as illness preventing travel (confirmed by medical certificate) or a declared UK pandemic.
- If you cancel for reasons unrelated to you being ill or a pandemic, and we re-let the property for 75% or more of the dates in question, we will send you 100% refund less the initial reservation deposit.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your booking, and that is more than 48 hours prior to your stay, we offer you a full refund.
You are responsible for the property; this means we are asking you to keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property in a comparable state of repair and condition as at the beginning of the holiday.
You are responsible for the actual costs of any breakage or damage along with additional costs that may occur caused by you or any member of your party.
You are expected to show due consideration for other people, remembering noise travels and disturbs. We ask you not to abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the caretaker or other third party. In such circumstances possession of the property can be refused or you can be asked to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens, we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday cost or compensation.
It is your responsibility to check the holiday property meets your needs and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the property is entirely suitable for your needs. We ask you to read our website pages carefully. We welcome phone calls prior to booking to ensure the property meets your requirements.
Minimum age: There must be someone aged 21 or over, staying for each booking.
We, the owners, shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless this results from our negligence or that of any employee of ours (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by us in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence or that of any employee of ours (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act ‘Welsh Hideaways’ is the sole data controller of all personal data provided to us from customers and prospective customers.
We will collect your name and contact details and not pass them on. We would like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. This would cover sending very occasional newsletters and emails about latest offers available. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by telephone or letter or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our customers due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we cannot foresee with all due care, e.g. riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire, epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
In valid cases, where your booking has to be cancelled before departure due to force majeure making the property inaccessible, we will refund to you all monies paid by you for the booking in question.
In the event an appliance breaks down, please let the caretaker know and it will be repaired as soon as possible. We will not pay compensation in such circumstances.
Apologies for all the words!
The above is only there to help you and to avoid misunderstandings. We hope you have a wonderful stay that is filled with special times and good memories.
Gareth and Mary Tuckwell 07952 477595 email@example.com
1st May 2020