Access Statement for Ty Mari
Sadly this cottage is not suitable for those with physical disabilities.
Our cottage is a traditional stone-built cottage situated in the rural mountain village of Cwmystwyth, up an unsurfaced track but with close neighbours. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, but if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
• There is information about Ty Mari on the Wales Cottages Website. We also have our own website (www.welsh-hideaways.co.uk)
• Bookings / enquiries can be made with Wales Cottages online, via email, fax or telephone.
• The nearest bus stop is approximately 31/2 miles away.
• The nearest train station is Aberystwyth, 17 miles away. There are accessible taxis at the station.
• If you require this information in a different format, please contact Wales Cottages via their website, email, fax or telephone.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a car parking area/ drive with enough room for 2 cars.
• There is no on-street parking.
• The car parking area is levelled shingle and relatively flat • The entrance to the cottage has no steps. The door is 83 cm wide.
• Parking is approximately 15 metres away from the entrance.
• The parking area is lit by an outside light with a movement sensor.
• The outside light beside the entrance door is switched on from the inside of the house.
• The key for the door is in the coded safety box attached to the front door and code will be sent to you by Wales Cottages prior to your holiday.
• The entrance door is 83 cm wide and the key hole lock 110 cm high.
• The ceilings are quite low as it is an old cottage; please take care in certain parts of the house.
• The entrance door opens into the living area which has a kitchen along the far wall. An open staircase leads from the living area to the first-floor double bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom. The stairs are 21 cm high, 70 cm wide and 28 cm deep.
• Heating is by night storage on the ground floor supplemented by a gas stove and electric fan heaters which are rarely needed. Upstairs there are convector heaters in all bedrooms, electric blankets on the beds and a heated towel rail in the bathroom.
Lounge and Dining Area
• Door width 83 cm
• The dining area is open plan with the lounge area and kitchen
• A rectangular table in the dining area measures 98 cm floor to lowest point of table, 150 cm long, 91 cm wide and 100 cm high.
• Chairs are movable and with no arms
• There is a free space of 1 metre clear of doors and furniture.
• Flooring is vinyl with a fitted carpet around the fire area
• Furniture is moveable
• The leather covered sofa seats 5 easily and there is an arm chair that can be moved from the dining area.
• TV with remote control. Sky Q box, DVD player, CD player with radio and MP3.
• Open inglenook fireplace with fire guard stored in the utility cupboard.
• The worktop height is standard approximately 92 cm
• Oven door is drop down with hob above is halogen at standard height.
• The stainless-steel sink is standard height with cupboards underneath.
• Standard size front loading washing machine with tumble dryer (condenser-type) facility is provided.
• Lighting is spotlight bulbs in the kitchen area, with a holder with ceiling candle bulbs in each area.
• 85 cm free space between all furniture and worktops.
• Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
• Fridge and freezer available.
• Microwave available.
• Hard wired smoke alarm fitted.
• Hard wired smoke alarm fitted.
• Stair gate available, kept in the utility cupboard.
• Door width 76 cm.
• Double bed provided 5-foot single beds 3 foot.
• Double Bed height 65 cm floor to top of mattress.
• Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
• Largest transfer space available left or right of bed is 50 cm.
• Double bed is moveable is more space is required at either side.
• Chest of drawers in double room is 102 cm high. Bedside tables are 45 cm high.
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 70cm by 200cm.
• Door width 76 cm.
• Bath with flexible shower attachment by the taps and integrated hand rails
• Bath height is 57 cm. Integral bath rails available on both sides.
• Free space in bathroom free of doors and furniture is 70 cm by 110 cm.
• Toilet seat height 42 cm
• There is no space either side of toilet.
• Flooring in bathroom and toilet is vinyl with a bath mat.
• Good colour contrast between floor walls and furniture.
• There is no space under the wash basin.
Grounds and Gardens
• Shared fenced but not dog-proof garden with steeply dropping rockery garden in one part. There is a large gravelled area and patio with stone flags, bench seat and shared BBQ. Seats and loungers stored in bicycle shed.
• Information folder is produced in size 11 font.
• No mobile phone reception but landline provided (01974 282701).
• The cottage is no smoking throughout.
• Well behaved pets and service dogs welcome but not upstairs or on sofa; please inform us when booking.
• Please contact: Wales Cottages
Atlantic House, Fletcher Way, Parkhouse, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 0LJ.
• Telephone: 01228 406 733
• Fax: 01228 599970
• Email: email@example.com
• Website www.wales-cottages.info
• Hours of operation: Telephone lines open 9am-9pm Monday to Sunday (Saturday 9am-5.30pm)
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments or suggestions, please telephone 01228 599960.