Access Statement for Penroc
Sadly this cottage is not suitable for those with significant mobility challenges.
Our cottage is a traditional stone built cottage situated in the rural mountain village of Cwmystwyth, up an unsurfaced track but with close neighbours. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, but if you have any queries please do call.
• Do study our own website www.welsh-hideaways.co.uk where each room is shown.
• Bookings / enquiries can be made online, via email or telephone 01892 526325 or 07952477595
• The nearest bus stop is approximately 31/2 miles away.
• The nearest train station is Aberystwyth, 17 miles away. There are accessible taxis at the station and car hire is possible.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a car parking area/ drive with enough room for 2 cars as above.
• The car parking area is levelled shingle and relatively flat
• The entrance to the cottage has a 5 cm step. The door is 110 cm wide.
• Parking can be beside the entrance door.
• The parking area is lit by an outside light with a movement sensor.
• The outside light beside the entrance door comes on with movement outside at night.
• The key for the door is in the coded safety box attached to the front door and code will be sent to you by us or Wales Cottages prior to your holiday. The key safe is lit at night.
• The entrance door is 110 cm wide and the key hole lock 100 cm high.
• The ceilings are quite low as it is an old cottage; please take care in certain parts of the house, particularly descending the stairs.
• Heating is by night storage on the ground floor supplemented by a gas stove, underfloor heating and an electric fan heater which is rarely, if ever, needed. Upstairs there are oil-filled heaters in all bedrooms, electric under-blankets on the beds (October – March) and a heated towel rail in the bathroom.
• There is Wi-Fi throughout the property with a download speed of about 20Mbps.
and a landline: 01974 282705
Entrance Area with Dining Area
• The entrance door opens into the living area which has a kitchen along the far wall. An open staircase, with hand rail on one side, leads from the living area to the first floor double bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom. The stairs are 20 cm high, 60 cm wide and 24 cm deep.
• The dining area is open plan with the lounge area and kitchen
• A rectangular table in the dining area measures 66 cm floor to lowest point of table, 130 cm long, 108 cm wide and 80 cm high. The table can be extended to seat 18 with special permission.
• Chairs are movable and with no arms
• There is a free space of 1 metre clear of doors and furniture.
• Flooring is slate and a little uneven
• The sofa seats 4 and there is an arm chair that can be moved from the main living area.
• TV with remote control. Sky FreeSat box, DVD player, CD player with radio and MP3.
• Open inglenook fireplace, gas stove with fire guard stored under the stairs.
• Carpet lies on the slate flooring
• Rechargeable emergency torch on wall.
• There is a rug lying on the slate floor and a large doormat across the entrance area.
• The worktop height is standard approximately 90 cm
• Oven door is drop down with hob above is halogen at standard height.
• The stainless steel sink is standard height with cupboards underneath.
• Lighting is boosted by a spotlight in the kitchen area.
• 70 cm free space between all furniture and worktops.
• Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
• Fridge is integral and 4 drawer freezer is under the stairs.
• Microwave is under the stairs and easily accessed.
• Hard wired smoke alarms fitted.
• Hard wired smoke alarm fitted.
• Stair gate available, kept in under-stair cupboard.
• Battery operated emergency light at top of stairs.
• Doors width 70 cm.
• Double bed provided 5 foot King size. Single beds 3 foot.
• Double Bed height 65 cm floor to top of mattress.
• Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
• Largest transfer space available left or right of bed is 110 cm.
• Double bed is moveable is more space is required at either side.
• Chest of drawers in double room is 102 cm high. Bedside tables are 45 cm high.
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 70cm by 200cm.
• The largest free pace clear of doors and furniture is 260 x 130 cm.
• The double bedroom has a balcony with free-standing table, chairs and lounger.
• The railing is one metre in height.
• The access door is 110 cm wide.
• Door width 70 cm.
• Bath with flexible shower attachment on the taps and integrated hand rails
• Bath height is 55 cm. Integral bath rails available on both sides.
• Free space in bathroom free of doors and furniture is 70 cm by 110 cm.
• Toilet seat height 42 cm. There is no space bath side of toilet.
• Flooring in bathroom is vinyl with a bath mat.
• Good colour contrast between floor walls and furniture.
Grounds and Gardens
• Shared fenced but not dog-proof garden with steeply dropping rockery garden in one part. There is a large gravelled area and patio with stone flags, bench seat, picnic bench and BBQ. Chairs and loungers stored in bicycle shed.
• Information folder is produced in size 11 font.
• No mobile phone reception but landline provided (01974 282705).
• The cottage is no smoking throughout.
• Well behaved pets and service dogs welcome but not upstairs or on sofa; please inform us when booking.
• Please contact: Gareth Tuckwell 01892 526325 or 07952477595
If you see how this information can be improved, please let us know.
Version: January 2018